Category Rules & Limitations
- Participants must sign the registration form and the participant registration packet along with their participant number at the Prima Music Hotel in Eilat, starting Sunday morning, September 7th, 2014.
- Participants must read the Rules and Regulations and confirm their agreement prior to signing the registration form.
- Please make sure you have set the date of your camera to the year announced on the official opening ceremony at the conference room of Prima Music Hotel on September 7th, 2014, prior to taking competition images. For instance, if the year published on the official opening ceremony is 2015, you should set the camera date to 9/9/2015 prior to capturing any competition images on September 8th. Please note that only images featuring this random date will be accepted to the competition.
- Images may be taken during day or night.
- Images must be taken either underwater or half-half.
- Participants are not allowed to submit the same or similar image to more than one professional category.
Since the Amateurs category was especially created for beginners, only compact digital camera owners can participate in this category. Images taken with DSLR systems (or any camera equipped with an interchangeable lens system) cannot be submitted to this category.
The same image can be submitted to any of the 3 Amateurs categories: Amateurs Portfolio, Amateurs Wide Angle and Amateurs Macro.
Participants participating in the Amateurs category can also participate in any other Eilat Red Sea categories
- Participants should back up their images every day on the production’s computers room, within a separate file labeled with the picture date.
- It is not permitted to erase any pictures from the memory card prior to downloading all the images to the backup computers at Prima Music Hotel .
- It is not permitted to carry out any modifications on these photographs using any software. Any file that will be found with changes/enhancements carried out on the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
- Preserving the nature should be carefully considered during the process of taking images. Anything that has to do with disturbing or moving animals from their natural environment will disqualify the images or the photographer.
- In order to submit final pictures to the judges, it is permitted to burn the photograph(s) on a CD or disk on key using a private computer.
- In addition to regular working hours, computers on Prima Music Hotel will be available for photographers on Wednesday, September10 till midnight and on Thursday, September 11, from 6:30am to 10:00am.
- Registration for the competition will be carried out by properly filling in the entire official registration form, which should be also signed by the photographer.
- Signing the official competition registration form states the photographer’s agreement to the rules stated above.