This is the 10th year in a row that the Eilat Red Sea competition takes place in Eilat, Israel. Participants are advised to devote the time required in order to become familiar with participation rules which apply to all participants.
The Eilat ShootOut
The Eilat Shootout is open to all participants, amateurs and professionals alike. The shoot-out will take place in Eilat for a period of 3 days: September 8-10, 2014
1. Main Category - 5 Best Images
2. Fish of the Year 2014
3. Fish & Fashion
4. National Team
5. Mayor's Prize
6. Jury's Prize
7. Amateurs Portfolio
8. Amateurs Wide Angle
9. Amateurs Macro
Participants must declare in advance in which category they wish to participate. Participants will not be able to change categories after the competition has started.
The list of prizes to be won may change and the final list will be announced on 20/8/2014
• Corresponding prizes are awarded to the winners personally and only they are permitted to make use of them. It is not permitted to attempt to sell prizes on the Internet via forums, etc.
• Prizes of Dive Safaris or packages do not include air travel, taxes, and other expenses unless stated otherwise by the relevant sponsors.
• Prizes do not include shipment and potential import tax fees in the respective home countries of participants.
• For the sake of eliminating possible misunderstandings, at the time of the prize ceremony only symbolic vouchers, or letters, will be awarded to the winners. The actual prize will be given at a later date in accordance with the respective sponsors.
• A participant who has already won the same category twice in previous competitions is excluded from participating in the same category again for the 3 following years. He/she may, however, participate in other competition categories during those 3 years. Once 3 years have passed since the last prize has been awarded, the participant can register to this category again.
3 Amateurs Categories
• Since Amateurs categories were especially created for beginners, only compact digital camera owners can participate in these categories. Images taken with DSLR systems (or any camera equipped with an interchangeable lens system) cannot be submitted to these categories.
• The same image can be submitted to any of the 3 Amateurs categories: Amateurs Portfolio, Amateurs Wide Angle and Amateurs Macro
• Participants participating in the Amateurs category can also participate in any other Eilat Red Sea categories.
Category Rules & Limitations
1. Participants must sign the registration form and the participant registration packet along with their participant number at the Prima Music Hotel in Eilat, starting Sunday morning, September 7th, 2014.
2. Participants must read the Rules and Regulations and confirm their agreement prior to signing the registration form.
3. Please make sure you have set the date of your camera to the year announced on the official opening ceremony at the conference room of Prima Music Hotel on September 7th, 2014, prior to taking competition images. For instance, if the year published on the official opening ceremony is 2015, you should set the camera date to 9/9/2015 prior to capturing any competition images on September 8th. Please note that only images featuring this random date will be accepted to the competition.
4. Images may be taken during day or night.
5. Images must be taken either underwater or half-half.
6. Participants are not allowed to submit the same or similar image to more than one professional category.
7. Since the Amateurs category was especially created for beginners, only compact digital camera owners can participate in this category. Images taken with DSLR systems (or any camera equipped with an interchangeable lens system) cannot be submitted to this category.
8. The same image can be submitted to any of the 3 Amateurs categories: Amateurs Portfolio, Amateurs Wide Angle and Amateurs Macro.
9. Participants participating in the Amateurs category can also participate in any other Eilat Red Sea categories
10. Participants should back up their images every day on the production’s computers room, within a separate file labeled with the picture date.
11. It is not permitted to erase any pictures from the memory card prior to downloading all the images to the backup computers at Prima Music Hotel.
12. It is not permitted to carry out any modifications on these photographs using any software. Any file that will be found with changes/enhancements carried out on the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
13. Preserving the nature should be carefully considered during the process of taking images. Anything that has to do with disturbing or moving animals from their natural environment will disqualify the images or the photographer.
14. In order to submit final pictures to the judges, it is permitted to burn the photograph(s) on a CD or disk on key using a private computer.
15. In addition to regular working hours, computers on Prima Music Hotel will be available for photographers on Wednesday, September10 till midnight and on Thursday, September 11, from 6:30am to 10:00am.
16. Registration for the competition will be carried out by properly filling in the entire official registration form, which should be also signed by the photographer.
17. Signing the official competition registration form states the photographer’s agreement to the rules stated above.
Use of Photos
• By enrolling the competition, participants agree that the submitted photos and videos in all categories may be used or reproduced for the media coverage of this event and for the promotion of future competitions in all media channels, including TV, Internet, written publications and more.
• Competition organizers reserve the right to make use of images and videos submitted to the competition for the purpose of publishing a competition album, calendars, and any other use that promotes future competitions or found useful by the production.
• Submitted materials shall indefinitely remain in the producers' archives without the requirement of further permission for usage.
• Photo and video credits will be given to the photographer when applicable.
• Submission of materials and participation in the competition entails an automatic acceptance of all the above.
• Use of images as described above will require no additional written or verbal permissions from the photographer.
Rights of Materials
I hereby declare that I'm the rightful owner of all the copyrights to the aforementioned video/image. This video/image was produced by me, including the featured soundtrack, and I own the rights to sell, distribute, rent or broadcast it in any way or form, including private and commercial use, anywhere in the world. I declare that I will be liable for any damage, loss or expense that will result of using these materials according to my aforementioned declaration.
Signing the official competition registration form states the photographer’s agreement to the rules stated above.
Participants are responsible for their own safety and for the correct use of their diving and photography equipment. Divers must dive within the limits of their own dive certification level and according to the Israeli Diving Regulations (remember to bring your Dive Certification and Diving Insurance along).
At the end of each day, there is a "Happy Hour" which includes alcohol. Participants who wish to continue diving that same evening may not consume alcohol prior to diving. NO DRINKING AND DIVING.
Competition organizers do not accept responsibility for consequences that occur for those who disregard this rule.
Competition organizers and the sponsors do not accept responsibility for the safety of participants during their diving activity, nor do they accept responsibility for any damage of personal equipment that may occur as a result of diving activities.
1. The production encourages the participation of all photographers in the competition but reserves the right not to accept the participation of a photographer who does not comply with the spirit of the competition.
2. The production is entitled to disqualify a participant who acts against the rules, displays undue conduct, has caused harm to another participant, or acted in any way that is contradictory to the spirit of the competition, as well as any other reason that the production team deems fit. The decision to remove a participant from the competition is final, undisputable, and does not entitle the participant to receive compensation or refund of any kind.
3. The production reserves the right to cancel a category in the competition and not to award the prize for that category if an insufficient number of participants have registered to it, if not enough entries are submitted, or if the judges decide that the professional and artistic level of the entries are below the accepted standard. In such a case, registration fees pertaining to that particular category will be refunded. The according refund will be the only compensation that the participant shall receive and no further claims to the production shall be accepted.
4. If a participant has been disqualified and removed from the competition, he/she will not be permitted to register in the following two annual competitions in any category. The production retains the right to change this decision in special cases.
5. It is absolutely forbidden to make any kind of barters between photographers and to submit photos in one's own name but which another photographer has taken. The competition is conducted individually and rules of ethics must be adhered to.
6. Legal issues of any kind that result in lawsuits shall be solely held at the Tel Aviv Courthouse.
The production team wishes good luck to all the participants!